Founder & Director
Performer & Competitor
Teacher - Choreographer & Coach
Teacher Salsa On1 & On2
Level 1, 2, 3
DIRECTOR – PERFORMER – COMPETITOR – CHOREOGRAPHER – TEACHER (NL-FR-ENG-ESP)
2010: Well aware of his love for teaching (certificated French Boxing teacher since 2006 & Certificated animator (youth recreation coordinator) since 2004) and his passion for salsa, he decided to start his first official salsa classes.
This resulted the beginning of his first dance school “BeSalsa” located in Brussels, Belgium.
2011: In order to continue his training, he moved to Canada for a year where he performed/competed at the biggest venue such as the Quebec Salsa Festival & Canadian Salsa Congress (4th place professional division).
2012: He taught & performed at venues like Antwerp Diamond Salsa Congress (Belgium), Limburg Bachata Festival (Netherlands), the Berlin Salsa Congress (Germany) just to name a few.
He also competed at the Montreal bachata festival where he ended 2nd place (Jack and Jill competition).
2013: While training in Australia for 1 year, Kevin taught in 2 of the biggest school of Sydney which are Latin Motion Dance Academy (dance school of world salsa champion Oliver Pineda) & Tropical Soul Dance Studio (2013 Australian salsa champion)
He also joined 2 other dance groups: Labur (director: world salsa champion Vali Damaskou) & Mystique (director: Natalia Rakhimova)
During his training, he particpated as a background dancer in the movie “Thalaivaa” (Tamil romantic comedy film)
Kevin Benamar Competed at the Australian Salsa Open (state titles) & Sydney best social Dancer competition Kevin Benamar finishes:
- 1st place in the salsa open team division. (ASO)
- 2nd place as sydney best social dancer.
- 3rd place in the salsa solo professional division. (ASO)
2014: Taught at DanceSport in New York City & also danced for Santo Rico Dance Company. During this year he participated in projects like “fight against breast cancer” & “Bailando por una causa”.
2015: Based in New York City Kevin Benamar is teaching most of his private classes at Stepping Out Studios and also danced for Baila Society Dance Company at Peridance Capezio Center for 1 year. He participated at the International Day of Remembrance for the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Tradeheld at the United Nations.
The next big step for him this year was to launch his 2nd dance school “BeSalsa New York”
2016: A year where once again he made his company grow and reach another level by opening his 4th dance school located in Mexico City.
Currently Living in New York, he competes & performs internationally and continues teaching his form of art.
Kevin Benamar was mainly trained by:
· David Gonzales (Belgium – Cuban salsa)
· Agnes Van Lysebeth (Belgium – Cuban Salsa)
· Ary Jean Batiste (Belgium – linear on1 Salsa)
· Walter Rivera (Canada – Linear on1 Salsa)
· Marie-Claude Regnier (Belgium – Ballet)
· Kevin Verelst (Belgium – Kizomba)
· Oliver Pineda & Vali Damaskou (Australia – linear on1 & on 2 competitive salsa)
· Josie Coté (Australia – linear on1 competitive salsa)
· Adrian Medina (Australia – Afro Cuban rumba: Yambu, Guaguanco, Columbia)
· Santo Rico (New York – linear on2 salsa)
· Sekou Mc Miller (New York – Latin Jazz)
· Noibis Licea(New York – Afro Cuban Modern: Orishas & zepol)
· Ahtoy WonPat-Borja & Daniel Enskat (New York – Cabaret & linear on2 salsa)
· Albert Hernandez Lledo – Sevillanas
· Peter Schabel (New York – Ballet)